General Farm Laborer (FLEX Team)
The General Farm Laborer (Flex Team Associate) is responsible for a variety of responsibilities on a poultry farm. The work primarily includes tasks such as:
- power washing and sanitizing layer houses and pullet houses which are environmentally controlled barns
- bird moving
- vaccinating pullets (young birds)
- and other duties as needed.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, reliable and dependable, mechanically inclined, and enjoy working as a member of a team in a job requiring physical labor. Previous farm labor experience and CDL class A license is preferred but not required. Flexibility to work in many areas of the operation and with various personnel is required. The flex team works overtime on a fairly regular basis (often up to 50-60 hours per week). This position works at both the Clarence farm and Kreher’s Sunrise Farm in Basom, NY, and will need to have transportation to either farm.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Experience on farms.
- Flexible with locations and duties.
- Likes physical farm work, and being a productive member of a critical team on our farm.
- Paid OT available (1 1/2 time).
Full Time Benefits Include: Health Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Long/Short Term Disability
Wage rate starts at $12 per hour, and is increased to $13 after the successful completion of the two month introductory period. The wage rate for reliable, productive team members will continue to increase from there over time.