Crops Team Associate - Clarence & Dansville, NY
The Crops Team Associate performs duties relative to organic crop planting and harvesting which positively impacts organic crop production with our land throughout Western New York.
The main objectives of the Crops Team Associate’s work is to:
- Prepare land for organic planting, such as tilling and other related duties.
- Meet standards for the spring planting procedures, and helps with the actual planting to ensure quality product at harvest.
- Use correct methods when harvesting and trucking crops. Safely operate equipment (large tractors, combines, and other heavy machinery) in an efficient manner.
- Perform preventative maintenance on crop production equipment to ensure equipment is in good working order and performs necessary equipment repairs when directed. Provide basic personal hand tools.
- Act as a team player. Support and encourage co-workers and the future of our organic crop operation.
- Show flexibility; cross train within department; move to different areas as needed.
- Assist in snow removal as necessary.
- Assist Crop Production Manager as requested, including performing duties in other areas of the farm as required.
- Knowledge of, and skill in operating heavy equipment.
- Basic knowledge of agronomics and/or organic farming.
- Ability to work long hours during primary crop seasons.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance.
- CDL-A or CDL-B driver’s license preferred. Can be obtained after hire.
Vision, Accident, etc. Insurances
Paid Time Off
Free Farm Fresh Eggs
Time and a half for overtime
*In order to communicate quickly and effectively, we will send email communications/updates to you. Please be sure to check your email inbox to stay updated with our progress on this position. Thank you!*