Human Resources Manager (HR Manager)
Are you looking for an opportunity to have a tremendous impact on a fast growing company in the exciting new world of agriculture? You may have heard:
It’s not your grandfather’s farm.
With the social movement of ‘farm-to-table’, consumers want to know where their food is coming from, and there is much greater emphasis on transparency and ethics in agriculture.
Kreher Family Farms is leading the way by partnering with our strategic customers to ensure that people trust and understand where their food comes from, and how it is produced. We could not be successful in doing so without the great team that comes to work excited to produce great work every day! In return, we try our best to set an example by respecting and valuing every member of our team.
That’s where HR comes in. If you would get excited about an opportunity to help move our great family farming operation forward into this new world of agriculture, we may have the career opportunity for you!
If you are an experienced HR/OD professional with high ethics and a strong work ethic, if you are a self-starter with a collaborative style who is thinking long-term career growth, we’d like to talk to you.
We will never stop growing!
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Director, Human Resources in supporting all functional areas of Kreher Family Farms. This position carries out responsibilities in the following areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training and development, performance management, onboarding, policy design and implementation, recruitment and hiring, coaching and employment law compliance.
The main objective of the Human Resource Manager’s work is to:
* Participate in developing HR department goals, objectives and systems.
* Conduct recruitment effort for all personnel at all Kreher farms. Manage/maintain recruitment
advertising and postings. Manage Kreher applicant tracking system.
* Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all Kreher farms; assist in the
development, implementation and governance of personnel policies and procedures; prepare and
maintain the employee handbook.
* Work with the HR Director in the development and administration of job grades and wage bands.
* Monitor the performance evaluation process and revise as necessary.
* Work with the HR and Payroll Administrator in performing benefits administration, including claims
resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information
* Develop and manage onboarding program, and career-pathing program.
* Develop and conduct various training modules.
* Handle employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
* Maintain company organization charts.
* Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the
department and services performed.
* Work with the HR Director and HR and Payroll Administrator in maintaining human resource
information system records and in compiling reports from the ADP system.
* Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
* Organization development
* Compensation management
* Benefits management
* NY State and Federal labor laws
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills required
* Familiarity with ADP systems preferred
* Familiarity with applicant tracking systems concepts
* Communication and presentation skills
* Ethical Practice
* Cultural Awareness
* HR Expertise
* Relationship Management
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
* Sit, talk, see and hear
* Stand, walk moderate distances
* Lift or move up to 25 pounds
* Vision abilities required include close vision, ability to properly distinguish pattern and color
differences, and working at a computer monitor for long periods of time
* Driving or riding in an automobile for multiple hours at a time
The physical work environment is a farm with associated noise levels. The employee will also often be
exposed to dust, dirt, odors and wet conditions associated with farming.
* Minimum of five years of work experience in human resources.
Health Insurance, 401K, paid time off, short/long term disability.