Part-Time Processing Sanitation Attendant
The Part-time Processing Sanitation Attendant works in the packing plant assisting with the processing team on packaging until the end of shift when sanitation duties start. The sanitation duties are the cleaning and sanitation of the egg grader, the packing room, the cooler and the dry storage warehouse. The Processing Sanitation Attendant position is of high importance in maintaining the Food Safety and Food Quality of all eggs that we produce and sell. This position is approximately 20-30 hours per week.
The main objective of the processing attendant’s work is to:
* Assist the Processing Attendants with packing eggs into cases or onto racks.
* Perform sanitation duties with the machine and plant clean-up after the end of each processing shift.
* Sanitation duties also include cleaning in the packing plant, warehouse or cooler.
* Use of correct personal safety equipment is required as stated in the Safety Data Sheets.
* May be asked to run the shrink wrap machine which seals packaged eggs into a shrink wrap film.
* Communicate with Supervisors regarding any conveyor or equipment problems.
* Acts as a team player (supports and encourages co-workers).
* Treats co-workers with respect.
* Complies with Kreher’s Policies and Work Rules, as well as federal and state laws (attendance,
* Be familiar with the company’s safety and health accident prevention program as described in Health
and Safety section of the employee handbook.
* Participates in safety training during the first day orientation process, and during annual training.
* Is required to maintain a clean and organized work area to avoid accidents.
* Practices safety and complies with policies and procedures.
* Knows what actions to be taken in event of an emergency
* Cleaning/sanitation experience is required
* Very good observation skills
* Ability to work in a close teamwork environment
* Maintains positive, can-do attitude
* Ability to maintain a fast pace while handling a fragile product
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
* Able to tolerate noise levels typical of a processing plant.
Position hours: 5:00pm until 9:30pm M-F (with possible weekend and holiday hours)