Pellet Mill Attendant
The primary responsibility of the Pellet Mill Attendant is the operation, cleaning and repair of pellet mill equipment. The goal is to safely and efficiently process compost into fertilizer. The secondary responsibility is to keep equipment in top condition through cleaning and preventative maintenance. This position will also assist in bagging duties as needed.
The main objective of the Pellet Mill Attendant’s work is to:
- Provides a quality product to the customer by efficiently performing and overseeing various functions related to preparing fertilizer for sale.
- Ensures that orders are filled, delivery dates are met, and inventory is monitored within the pellet mill department.
- Responds with a sense of urgency to all customer concerns with products and/or services provided.
- Maintains all supplies and equipment for Pellet Mill areas.
- Operates skidsteer.
- Looks for opportunities to eliminate re-work, waste, etc., and informs management of potential hazards.
- Can be counted on to meet or exceed standards in the tasks performed for the department without sacrificing quality or personal safety, and encourages department to do the same.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area to avoid accidents, and encourages department to do the same
- Work effectively with other departments
- Assist in bagging as required.
- Maintains clean breakroom.
- Look for and communicate with management observed hazards or opportunities for improvement.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- This individual is expected to have a general knowledge of agricultural equipment operation or a strong aptitude for operating equipment.
- Excellent organizational skills
- High degree of initiative
- Perform job duties independently
- Team player
- Class A driver’s license preferred but not required
- High school diploma or GED required
Paid Time Off
Free farm fresh eggs